Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mockingjay

I just finished the last book in one of my favorite series, The Hunger Games. It was called Mockingjay, and I would recommend it for anyone 12 and older. It is an exciting series about a future society that every year forces kids from each of its 12 districts to fight to the death in an event called the Hunger Games. The country is ruled by the Capitol, and it makes the districts compete in the Hunger Games as part of a treaty when the districts' revolution failed almost 75 years before. It is a great series and it focuses on a 16-year old girl named Katniss, who was selected to compete in the Hunger Games. I hear they are making a movie on it, and I hope it doesn't ruin the series like when they made a movie about the Spiderwick Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment